The 2022 LFA Awards Committee has pushed back the proposed date of the event from 12 November to December 3, 2022, following adjustments made to the nomination date.
Addressing a news conference on Monday, October 11, Benita Urey, a member of the committee said the date for the auspicious event was extended because the committee wanted to have more football lovers, stakeholders, and journalists involved in the nomination process.
Following situational studies of the technical reports that showed low nominations, this was how Miss Urey responded.
“We want to use this medium to inform the public that we’re extending the date of the nomination to October 28, because we want to have more football lovers, stakeholders, and journalists, who play a key part in the success of these awards.
“Captains, coaches, and journalists can now pick up nomination forms including 36 journalists who over the past months have contributed immensely,”
“Because of the change in the nomination date, the awards night has now been pushed to December 3 instead of November 12,”
“Voting starts 3 days after the ending of the nomination process, October 28,’’ Urey asserted.
Flanked by the chairman of the committee, Cllr Cole Bangalu and colleague Seibo Williams, Benita Urey apologized to the media for the delay and appreciated their cooperation thus far.
“The committee wants to use this time to apologize to the media committee and appreciate their efforts…but their nomination forms are ready,’’ Miss Urey said.
The LFA stages its third consecutive awards night in early December with 25 different prizes ranging from vehicles to a whooping LRD400,000.00 (Four Hundred Thousand Liberian dollars).
Below is a denomination of the 2022 LFA Awards Night prizes.
1. Most valuable player (Men’s competition) One Sedan
2. Most valuable player (Women competition) One Sedan
3. Highest Goal scorer (First division) LD $ 400,000.00
4. Highest Goal scorer (Second division) LD $ 300,000.00
5. Highest Goal scorer (Women upper division) LD $ 300,000.00
6. Best defender (First division) LD $ 200,000.00
7. Best Defender (Second division) LD $ 150,000.00
8. Best defender (Women competition) LD $ 150,000.00
9. Best goalkeeper (First division) LD $ 200,000.00
10. Best goalkeeper (Second division) LD$ 150,000.00
11 Best goalkeeper (Women’s competition) LD $ 150,000.00
12. Best Referee (Men’s competition) LD $ 200,000.00
13. Best Referee (Women competition) LD $ 200,000.00
14. Best Coach (First division) LD $ 200,000.00
15. Best coach (Second division) LD $ 150,000.00
16. Best Coach (Women’s Upper division) LD $ 150,000.00
17. Fan of the year (Male) LD $ 100,000.00
18. Fan of the year (Female) LD $ 100,000.00
19. Journalist of the year (Electronic) LD $ 150,000.00
20. Journalist of the year (Print) LD $ 150,000.00
21. Journalist of the year (Social media) LD $ 150,000.00
22. Fair Play award (Men’s competition) LD $ 300,000.00
23. Fair Play award (Women’s competition) LD $ 300,000.00